Why would we women need these silly self confidence quotes? Glad you asked! I’ve always been a big believer in the power of words. Written or spoken, the truest form of wisdom comes with words. Ask Eleanor Roosevelt, Martin Luther King Jr., Abraham Lincoln, Susan B. Anthony, Maya Angelou, or Malala Yousafzai. But the words we speak to ourselves are perhaps the most important ones we will ever hear. However, sometimes we all need a little help with our self confidence. Women can be especially brutal when it comes to self talk. How we talk to ourselves determines if we are anxious or strong, sad or happy, or full of self esteem or not. Facing life when our self talk is less than kind can be daunting. The longer negative self talk goes on, the more difficult it becomes to unlearn. But we’re here to help! Exposing ourselves to positive self confidence quotes and affirmations can help us retrain our brain to speak to ourselves with self care and empathy. And, if you can raise your self confidence, it becomes easier and easier to believe positive self talk!
So we collected for you our favorite self confidence quotes for women that we believe could help change your life. Why? Because when you develop self confidence, you are on the right track to having a strong self esteem. And a strong self esteem is the key to overcoming almost every difficulty and stress life has to offer. And yep, I have used these very self confidence quotes to change my life. Use them to change yours. And BTW, these self confidence quotes are all written or said by women. Takes one to know one, right? 😉
“Words have power.”
— Shonda Rhimes
Self Confidence Quotes for Women
Self Confidence Quotes By Famous Women of History
I love the wisdom that comes from history. Learning wisdom and self confidence from historical women who helped change the world is the best way not to repeat the mistakes of the past!
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” Maya Angelou
- “The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.” Audrey Hepburn
- “A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” Amelia Earhart
- “Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be!” Anne Frank
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” Anais Nin
- “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”
- “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.”
Self Confidence Quotes by Modern Day Bad Ass Women
There may be a lot of women that changed the course of history that we can learn from, but today has some pretty bad ass smart ladies we should take notice of.
- “I do know one thing about me: I don’t measure myself by others’ expectations or let others define my worth.” Sonia Sotomayor
- “We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.” Malala Yousafzai
- “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” Emma Stone
- “Don’t be the girl who fell. Be the girl who got back up.” Jenette Stanley
- “It’s not your job to like me, it’s mine.” Byron Katie
- “You Alone, Are Enough.” Oprah
- “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I’m not going to be silent.” Madeleine Albright
- “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” Carol Burnett
- “Don’t you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are.” Lady Gaga
- “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.”
- “If you don’t like being a doormat then get off the floor.” Unknown
Motivational Quotes for Women (When You Need A Little More of a Kick in the Panties!)
So there are times in all our lives when as much as we know self confidence and self esteem are something we need to work on, we can’t quite get to it. Here are some motivational quotes from women to give you that kick in the pants you need to get to working on your positive self talk! Self confidence quotes can help, if you use them!
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “It’s Possible!” Audrey Hepburn
- “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” Tina Fey
- “Embrace who you are. Literally. Hug yourself. Accept who you are. ” Ellen Degeneres
- “Never quit, never give up. When you have a little trouble here and there, just keep fighting. In the end, it will pay off.” Gabby Douglas
- “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” Dolly Parton
- “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” Oprah Winfrey
- “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” Nora Ephron
- “Everyone shines, given the right lighting.” Susan Cain
Positive Affirmations App
Ok, in todays world, you know there’s an app for that, right? Well, there is. I have the “Think Up” app on my phone and my iPad, and I use it whenever I run, work out, or need a lift in my day. You record a series of positive affirmations, or quotes, in your own voice. It then plays it back to you with background music that is perfect to allow your mind to absorb new ideas. They provide hundreds of positive quotes in different categories for you to record, or you can use your own. I try to listen at least a couple times a week. You can find ‘Think Up” on the ‘iTunes Store‘ or Google Play’. There is a free version, but I really recommend the premium version. It’s really worth it for self care. Oh, and it’s the #1 affirmation app out there!
So use these self confidence quotes for women, by women to help change your self talk, and improve your self esteem! We think you will also love our posts on 5 Minute Anxiety Relief Techniques and the Perfect Relaxing Bath in 5 Easy Steps! And if you want to do more to increase your self confidence, try taking on one of our DIY projects!